Sunday, February 1, 2015

I joined the crew to BRING HOME THE ADAMS!

When I decided to check out UNF's Career Fair last year, I did not expect a year later to be sitting at a board meeting with several professionals in Jacksonville who have given the last seven years of their lives to bring a decommissioned destroyer to the Downtown Shipyard property. 



The closest thing to a public relations company at the fair was a marketing firm called Client Focused Media.  I was not expecting to get an internship interview at the fair, nor did I expect to get an independent study with them that turned into a paying part time job.  However, when it can time to finish my internship, I had to find something else. 

Enter The USS Adams Museum.
 



So far, it has been a wonderful experience.  I currently manage their Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn pages. 

A few days ago, we emailed out a press release after hitting our first fundraising milestone and I got to tweet out the release to several press I am following on our Twitter page.

The Facebook post I made did exceptionally well and was shared 17 times by followers.


Post by USS Adams Museum.

We still have a long way to go in order to raise $250,000 to cover this year's staff and operating expenses but I am glad to be on the crew.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment