Sunday, March 29, 2015

Cold Snaps and Mulled Wine

While I was in Washington D.C., I got to experience and learn how to make mulled wine. This great discovery helped me through many a cold D.C. night. Since moving to Florida, I have enjoyed celebrating any cold night with a glass of mulled wine and a few pieces of chocolate. I thought with the cold snap this weekend, I would share this delicious way stay warm.

Ingredients:
-1 bottle Zinfandel                                 -1/2 to 1 cup black spiced rum               -1/2 tsp ground ginger
-1 bottle Tawny Port                              -2 tsp of honey
-1 orange sliced with rind                      -1 tsp nutmeg
-8 small cinnamon sticks                       -1 tsp ground cloves
-2 cups high pulp orange juice               -1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
 
Directions:
Combine all ingredients into a pot. Wine can be made without rum or with rum added later. Let ingredients simmer in a pot for 20 to 25 minutes. Stir occasionally. Serves 10 to 12 people.

No comments:

Post a Comment